Thursday May 21st, 2015
- Who: GG, PJ, LC, MAL, JE, JP, LC
- Not available: DWS, EZ, ST, BS, CM
- Link to recording- Video: File:Planteome All Hands Meeting-5-21-15-video.mp4
- Link to recording- Audio: File:Planteome All Hands Meeting-5-21-15 audio.m4a
- 1 A. General Comments and Updates:
- 2 B. Update from IT group- Data Store, AmiGO2- Justin Elser
- 3 C. Update from AISO/BisQue group- Justin Preece:
- 4 D. Update from Ontologies Working Group:
- 5 E. Other Comments:
- 6 Next meeting Wednesday June 24th, 2015
A. General Comments and Updates:
- Georgios V. Gkoutos, University of Aberystwyth, UK :
- Marie-Angelique LaPorte (Bioversity International):
Updates on new hires
- Post-doc position at OSU- Six candidates were interviewed and an offer has been made, new person should join in late June or early July.
- Post-doc position at Aberystwyth University, UK- GG will send the advertisement to LC, and we can help circulate it- post on Planteome social media sites (blog post, FB, Twitter) and send out on mailing lists: PO discuss, OBO-discuss?, etc. - done
- PJ suggested that we could forward to a couple of the candidates who applied for the OSU position- recent PhD's from India with bioinformatics backgrounds. - done
- Post-doc position at NYBG- No news on this yet
Plan for ontology workshop
- Involvement of Agmips, Agrovoc collaborators
Discussion about the Advisory Board
- Ruth Bastow
- Sandy Knapp
- From BS: Suggest: Lynn Schriml, just named President of the Standards Consortium , (but I am not pressing on her behalf).
B. Update from IT group- Data Store, AmiGO2- Justin Elser
AmiGO 2 progress
- Working on creating an planteome importer owl file to simplify the loading of the ontologies via the golr Makefile. Working on a catalog xml file to redirect URI in the importer OWL.
- Troubleshooting issue with loading both the environment and trait ontologies where loading both causes the EO to disappear from AmiGO.
- Trait ontology has been moved to GitHub. Will move the rest after some more testing.
C. Update from AISO/BisQue group- Justin Preece:
Working Group Summary Page: Meetings and activities
- Ryan Kitchen (CS Undergrad, Sinisa Todorovic's group)
- will be working with Xu Xu on PIA development over the summer
- XX and RK are actively developing Phase I
- using a local Bisque dev engine provided by KK
- Phase I timeline
Big Data + Bio-image Informatics Workshop: May 14-15, UC-Santa Barbara
- Attended this workshop as collaborators with the iPlant Bisque group
- JP gave an AISO software demo and talked about the Planteome project and our efforts to port AISO to iPlant Bisque
- Meeting Agenda